Preparing for a Remote Reiki Session
Although a remote Reiki Session is no different than an in-person session from an energetic strength perspective, the biggest difference is that you get to set the environment for your session.
Once the distant Reiki session starts, you may start feeling different sensations. Warmth, tingling, and pulsing sensations are common.
Here are some things you can do to ensure the most relaxing remote reiki session possible:
- Find a quiet, comfortable space in your home that will allow you to be undisturbed for the entire session.
- Burn some incense or light a candle to set the mood and engage your sense of smell.
- Play some soothing music. (I recommend Deuter On Spotify or Apple Music)
- Remove all jewelry you can, especially if you're wearing a watch.
- Take a few deep breaths to start. Lay comfortable with no crossed legs or hands. And just be open to receiving the energy.
- If you find your mind wandering, that's okay! Just try to clear it when you notice it.
- If you fall asleep that's okay too! The energy will still be working.
After Your Session
Clients often report feeling calm, relaxed, refreshed, or just sleepy after their session. I encourage my clients to practice good self-care after, like drinking plenty of water, eating healthy food, and taking time to rest and reflect. I also encourage people to write down any experiences they had during and after the session. The days following the session will present subtle changes. These will correspond to the energy shifts made during your Reiki appointment.
Want A Little More Info? Let's Talk Chakras.
I used to think nothing of this word. But these energy centers really effect our lives so its important to acknowledge them. Crash-course goes like this; they're energy points in the body and work to keep the body balanced. We have 7 of them; Root Chakra, Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus Chakra, Heart Chakra, Throat Chakra, Third Eye Chakra, and Crown Chakra.They all govern different things such as physical, mental, and emotional aspects of you and your body. Often they're blocked or unbalanced. You'll notice an improvement after your session from the energy clearing them. We'll go over any that were worked on more than others.
I like to think of chakras in the body like a hose, and instead of water running through this "hose", it's energy. Energy blocks are like kinks in the hose. Reiki helps unkink them so that the energy can flow more freely.